To apply please send an email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rock Town Bar Manager
Rock Town’s new location in SOMA will have a full service bar and we’re looking a professional with a passion for cocktails, who has the experience and knowledge to build a world class bar program including craft cocktails, clear ice, craft beer and wine.
The ideal candidate will also be a team player with a great attitude, high energy level and be very personable with customers. This is not an ad for an average bartender looking to work a shift.
Essential Functions of the position
- Create insane, out of the box drink recipes
- Train staff on consistency of taste and presentation
- Work with management on orders and inventory
- Keep menu interesting and sales-centric
- Set and monitor policies specific to bar operations
- Track and measure business trends for bar/beverage business
- Develop promotional bar ideas to increase sales
- Manage bartending staff, including scheduling, training, hiring, etc.
- Operate as a bartender on a regular basis
- Other duties as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3 to 5 years bar management experience
- Outgoing and engaging personality, articulate and charismatic
- Desire to learn about and have a passion for whiskey
- Socially at ease with big groups of people
- Good showmanship
- Team player and gets along with co-workers
- Previous retail experience a plus
- Good communication skills, especially verbal
- Strong number recognition and analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Previous experience in inventory management a plus
- Over 21 years of age.
- Weekend and holiday work
- Extended time standing or walking
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Able to lift 50 pounds
This is a full-time position (40+ hours per week), with a compensation package that includes salary plus commission, bonuses, paid time off and health benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage. Evening/holiday/weekend work required throughout the year.