To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Rock Town Distillery Production Staff Member – Masher – Job Description
Rock Town Distillery, an award winning craft distillery in Little Rock, Arkansas is currently seeking candidates to join our production team as a Masher. We’re looking for a smart, energetic, self-starter who can work well with others and have fun while producing world-class spirits.
Responsibilities include the day to day activities associated with the production of spirits from grain to glass under the direction of the Distiller. This person will be trained in and expected to follow our production procedures including, but not limited to, milling, mashing, fermenting, warehousing, bottling, record keeping, cleaning, and waste disposal.
Essential Functions of the position
- Learn and perform our unique standard production procedures, including cooker operations and cooking regimens
- Day to day activities may include: milling, mashing, fermentation, warehousing, record keeping, cleaning, quality control and waste disposal, among other duties as assigned
- Background in biology, chemistry or lab processes
- Log and maintain detailed daily records for compliance and quality control purposes per company standard practices
- Inventory management of raw materials and supplies
- High attention to detail
- Take pride in maintaining a safe, clean and orderly distillery at all times
- Good solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Enjoys engaging with public through tours, tastings, festivals, and events
Desired Skills and Experience
- Passion for whiskey (reads blogs, knows brands, history, production methods, etc.)
- Degree in a science related field a plus
- Fermentation and mashing experience with an understanding of yeast and starch conversion to alcohol.
- Strong desire to learn about and have a passion for whiskey
- Broad knowledge of craft spirits, cocktails and beer
- Ability to creatively add value in addition to basic job duties
- Experience with machinery including pumps, boilers, air compressors and chillers.
- Basic plumbing and knowledge a plus.
- Team player that easily gets along with co-workers
- Positive, upbeat, can-do attitude
- Previous experience in inventory management a plus
- Over 21 years of age.
- Weekend and holiday work
- Extended time standing or walking
- Able to work in outdoor weather conditions
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to drive a fork-lift
This is a full-time position, with a compensation package that includes salary plus with health and dental benefits. Evening and weekend work is required.