To apply send an email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time Tour Guide Job Description – pays $9/hr + tips (avg is $14~15/hr)
Provide a fun, exciting and memorable experience for visitors to Rock Town Distillery by conducting educational tours of the distillery and engaging visitors in the history, distilling process and provenance of our products. Will also direct and guide tastings of our products after the tour. Average 10 – 20 hours per week.
Must be able to work Wednesday from 12:30 – 6pm and every other weekend.
Essential Functions of the position
- Conduct tours of the distillery (approximate group size of 24-30)
- Perform opening/closing duties
- Engage guests by discussing the history of the Bourbon making process
- Direct tastings by educating guests about our spirits portfolio and awards
- Handle sales transactions and check-out through the cash register system.
- Ensure store shelves are well stocked.
- Answer questions from our guests with fact-based information
Desired Skills and Experience
- Outgoing and engaging personality, articulate and charismatic
- Desire to learn about and have a passion for whiskey
- Knowledge of craft spirits, cocktails and beer a plus
- Socially at ease with big groups of people
- Good showmanship
- Team player and gets along with co-workers
- Previous retail experience a plus
- Good communication skills, especially verbal
- Prior tour guide experience a plus
- Over 21 years of age.
- Weekend and holiday work
- Extended time standing or walking
- Able to work in outdoor weather conditions
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
To apply please send resume and email to – email@example.com